Guide to Building Board Support
You can take your PWC Gives! success to new heights on September 1 - 2 by leveraging your board members and their passion for your cause! Organizations with engaged board members raise approximately 2-3 times more than those that don’t involve their board in the planning process. This not only helps you raise more on PWC Gives!, but paves the way towards a stronger relationship with your organization’s board members. So how can you get your board excited for PWC Gives!? We’ve got you covered!
Ten Steps to Board Success:
- Have a PWC Gives! Kickoff at your next board meeting
- Include your board in your PWC Gives! goals
- Share regular updates throughout the planning process
- Provide your board members with clear opportunities and steps to help your organization reach its PWC Gives! goals
- Leverage your board members as Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers to help raise more and expand your reach on PWC Gives!
- On PWC Gives! update your board on your progress from beginning to end
- Encourage your board members to support you on PWC Gives! with matching funds, social sharing, and promotion of your participation with their networks
- Invite your board members to attend an in-person event during PWC Gives!
- Ask your board members to help you personally thank and steward your PWC Gives! donors
- Don’t forget “Thank You” to your board members for their help and hard work on PWC Gives! and celebrate a job well done